Watching on different devices
Watching on your desktop, laptop or smart phone
- We recommend you watch your video or live stream on your desktop, laptop or a smart phone device such as a tablet.
- Use one of the following browsers: Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Samsung Internet. You may be able to use Internet
Explorer however we do not recommend it.
- The quality of your experience is very dependent on the strength and speed of your internet connection.
Watching on your TV
- If you want to watch on your TV we highly recommend you use an HDMI cable from a desktop, laptop, smart phone or tablet. You will only be able to cast or screen mirror to your TV if you have either AirPlay or Chromecast devices.
How to link your device to your TV with an HDMI cable
- To watch Digital Stage plug your device such as a desktop, laptop, smart phone or tablet into your TV via the HDMI socket which features on most TVs, usually at the back or the side.
- To do this you need an HDMI cable that links your TV to your computer or mobile device. You may also need an adapter if your TV or device doesn’t have a HDMI socket. Attach your HDMI cable to the TV socket and plug the other end into the device you will use for streaming.
- Your device screen may automatically display on your TV. If not, you may need to change your TV’s input settings. Use your remote control to find the source menu and select the HDMI channel associated with the socket your cable is plugged into. You may need to change the sound settings on your device to ensure it is using the TV to project the sound.
- Now that you have connected your cable and selected the correct channel, use your device to load digitalstage.norwichtheatre.org.
Screen mirror from an Apple computer using AirPlay
- Screen mirror the performance from your Apple device to an AirPlay-compatible device by using screen mirroring to project, or ‘mirror’, what is on your computer and show it on your TV screen without using a cable. The TV will show a replica of what’s displayed on your computer screen. If you choose this option you must cast your entire screen with the video running full screen, rather than casting directly from the video player.
- In the control centre tap screen mirroring. If you’re unsure how, read further instructions on the Apple website here.
Cast from your desktop/laptop computer using Google’s Chromecast
- Open Chrome and at the top right, click More then Cast
- Click Sources
- Click Cast desktop
- Choose the Chromecast device where you wish to watch the content
If you are unsure or experiencing difficulties with the above instructions, read further instruction on the Google Chromecase website here.
Cast from your iOS device (iPhone, iPad) using AirPlay
- In Safari, visit digitalstage.norwichtheatre.org, log in, click Watch and navigate to the event page. Start playing the video, tap to open full screen and then tap on the AirPlay icon and select your AirPlay-compatible device to cast.
- Please note: If casting from a mobile phone, you may experience some interruption to the stream. Also, the type and version of your device may determine whether you'll be able to cast the stream, and we cannot guarantee that all devices will be compatible.
Play on your Smart TVs Built-in browser
- Please note: It can be time-consuming to type the URL text in using your TV remote control and this method does not always result in the best viewing experience!